Friday, August 6, 2010

Space War

I never got a chance to play the original on a PDP-1.  But I did play this version in a roller skating rink in Alton.  I was much better at this than I was at skating.  I was especially blown away by the sun that you could choose to turn on and off that had a gravitational pull on the ships.  I think the gravity also pulled the torpedoes fired from the Asteroids ship or the Enterprise. I played this before I played Asteroids, but I can't tell you who thought of vector triangle as ship first. And I don't know if the crew of the Enterprise was breaking Starfleet regulations by firing on a vector triangle.

1 comment:

  1. One of my absolute faves. The ship damage aspect was awesome since you could have your engines knocked out and helplessly spiral "into bolvian."

    ReplyDelete